Tuesday, July 12, 2005

roller-friggin-coaster

so, the weekend was awesome. Jessica is awesome, Sterling is awesome, naps are awesome and British parties rule. Except that yesterday was not so awesome.

My hard drive is broked. Yes, broked. Not broken, broked. It has some mechanical problem, which sucks. It's going to cost $650-$950 to get all of my data off of it. :( And I need some of that--especially the legal documents. Boohoo. So yesterday morning was pretty darn miserable, since that's when my IT guy gave me the bad news (he can't fix it) and the good news (that it might be possible to get the data off).

So, then work was, well, work-ee. And then I got a call from the place I interviewed to let me know that my offer letter is in the mail. I hope it's a good one!!! I felt kind of teased though. And they want me to start on August 1st, which is too soon. I want to give Kruger 3 weeks. We'll see.

And then Otto earned mucho cool points. Mucho. Do you know what he did yesterday? The brave man played Scrabble with me. Really, he did. He had never played before, and he still did pretty darn well--only 15 points below me. It was a difficult game (you know how sometimes they just don't work out quite right?) but it still was super fun, and put me in a much better mood. He really gets props for braving the land that is playing Carrie in Scrabble. Next I'm teaching him Pente, I think.

Time to order a spiffy new computer now. One that I can't afford. Especially since I need to spend $650-$950 on my hard drive. But, hey, that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. I just hope my major expenses become less major, or that the offer letter has a nice fat number on it.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio