Tuesday, July 26, 2005

o o c

So, I think this has gotten out of control.

Yesterday, as you clearly know if you're reading this, I moved my blog. I had some rather avid readers that I wasn’t sure who they were—but I had a hunch—and I wasn’t so keen on having them read it.

And so I moved it, put up a little notice that my blog had moved and took all the references to my name out of it. I tried to search for myself, and could only find the old version of my blog. So I thought I had my bases covered. I brushed some pretend dust off my hands and went on my merry way.

And now I’ve been registered for an interracial dating service. My user name is i_love_sunsets. There’s only one person that I can think of who’d register me as that, which is especially noteworthy since there’s a very obvious username he could have used instead—the address of my old blog. Now, this would be all funny and amusing if it weren’t so damn ridiculous, and if I wasn't pretty darn sure who did it. Everyone I know stopped registering people for stuff (online or otherwise) when I was a freshman in college. This is lame. And for the record, I don't think it's Justin.

So what do I do? I like blogging. It serves a purpose. And it lets me write, which I enjoy. It means I get to tell my friends how I’m feeling without paying $150 a month for phone bills. Maybe that’s wrong of me. But maybe not. Any maybe I just find it more entertaining this way. Or maybe you do. And as Wesley would say “Anyone who tells you differently is selling something." Of course, he also said that "life is pain" right before that, so maybe I need to be more careful about which quotes I choose to, um, quote.

So I think I’m going to say, aw, f*ck it, and let things settle for now. Hopefully I won't be registered for anything else. This is not worth the drama.

4 comments:

care said...

three things that can't be solved with a rocket launcher...

any calculation.

illiteracy.

erectile dysfunction.

If you can best me on any of those I get to try again. :)

sadkingjonathan said...

I think there's a case to be made for option number three. Better replace it with severe weather patterns, or the eventual heat death of the universe.

care said...

um, except that doesn't SOLVE the calculation (what if it isn't solvable? or if you blow the person up prematurely?)

illiteracy isn't solved that way either. First of all, you'd have to execute that same maneuver all over the world simultaneously. And secondly, you've only come up with a temporary solution. And what about deaf people who can read--you'd have blown them up.

And #3, well, you have a point. And if not, that's okay. :)

so I think we're at an impass. And for the record I find it rather creepy that you're so keen on solving the world's problems with a rocket launcher... :)

sadkingjonathan said...

I actually think the two of you are at an impassE. But I still win. Blowing things up with a rocket launcher only contributes to heat death. But we'll wait until Carrie's done with her thermo course, then she can give the FINAL PRONOUNCEMENT.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio