Wednesday, April 06, 2005

a small correction

Describing the possible situation from a few postings ago as creepy was entirely too much. A mild bit disconcerting. Maybe even troublesome. But creepy was overkill. I never meant to insinuate that said person was a creep. Because he isn’t. So I retract the use of creepy. A mild bit disconcerting is more accurate and not at all slanderous. He’s a nice guy. I’m being serious not sarcastic.

So consider it done. Changed. Revised. (and PS, this is a bit weird for me. Usually I get in trouble/made fun of for using my vocab—and this time not using it caused problems. Hmm).

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

And, as is turns out, he did put 2 and 2 together. I’m unsure as to whether he got 3.99 or 4.01 or something in-between, but regardless, it was a case of deductive reasoning, not a case of snooping.

I think I unintentionally made him feel like I was trying to question his character. Slanderous was his word. But good ol’ Merriam and Webster offer the following definition: “the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation” OR “a false and defamatory oral statement about a person.” Wouldn’t it be libel if I wrote it? Just checking. Anyhow, does this mean he thinks I had ill intent? Maybe I did. Maybe I didn’t. But if I wanted to talk poorly about people there’s many a person who’d be more worthy of the talking. Many. But what would that accomplish? …………………….So instead I’ll just ignore anything that I could possibly read in to his statement and continue to revel in being hunky-dory and in trying not to hurt others. (hows abouts hunky-dorky? Naw, a boy would have to be hunky-dorky. I could be hottie-dorkie. hmm)

As I’m sure you can tell, I spoke to him today. And amongst other things, I was reminded of 1) the beauty of jumping to conclusions, and 2) that I must take all hearsay with a grain of salt. Even from kin. Or, perhaps, especially from kin.

But, then again, as far as I’m concerned, the point of a blog is to get out whatever you’re feeling, and to maybe let it serve as a sounding board for idea/suggestions, and to keep people updated on your life, if you so choose. So I’m just gonna write what I feel at that time. Which I did and do and am. I don't mean to intentionally step on toes or anything. Sorry....

So there.

And I’d like us to all take some advice from Bright Eyes, who I personally find catchy and kitschy and kinda cool…

“So when you’re asked to fight a war that’s over nothing. It’s best to join the side that’s going to win. And no one’s sure how all of this got started. But we’re going to make goddamn certain how it’s going to end.” –“Road to Joy”

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio