Tuesday, April 05, 2005

big rocks, video games and yarn

So, I went rock crawling this weekend. In a Jeep Rubicon. Why someone would buy a jeep just to go drive it over rocks was beyond me--but now I totally understand 'cause it's damn fun.

Friday night we drove to Richmond. Had some beer and went to bed.

Saturday got up early and drove to Harrisonburg, VA. Stopped to get new windshield wipers on the way. And went up a very pretty mountain to go on the trails.

You remember when you were little and you though jumping in puddles was fun? (Especially if you were wearing cool galoshes) Well, it's WAAAAY cooler when you rip through a puddle in a jeep. Kind of like the log ride at Bells, right at the end before you get off and after you go up that horrible conveyor belt affair. Except more water, it's muddy, you don't get wet and don't have to endure soaking socks for the rest of the day. Which is a total plus. I loved it.

Some things were impassable though. I'm glad the guys were smart about it, at least a little.

We went home after four and hours of bouncing around in the jeep and having the seatbelt cut into my shoulder a bit. And then went and had dinner at Star Hill in Charlottesville. Instead of going to see a movie Cory and I (whose name is also R*chardson...two C R*chardsons. Anyhow) convinced the guys to watch episodes of Sex and the City. But not before we played some old video games. Like Ms. Pacman and a racing game (the one where you die when you hit the billboards) and Galaga. I did rather well at Galaga, surprisingly enough.

On Sunday we slept in and went home. But not before we saw Sin City, which was horribly violent. Horribly. Scarringly. And it has a rooftop scene of hookers in leather with machine guns for all the fantasizing guys out there. Wow.

Anyway.

I also got more of my blanket done. I'm on color four of seven (which doesn't mean much--I'm going to repeat it.) And I'm doing six rows in each color. It's gonna be pretty.

I have a headache. And I learned today never to use thigh cutlets--chicken breast is well worth the additional money.

time to study. Why did I think grad school would be a good idea? can someone remind me please?

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio