Saturday, March 26, 2005

word to my mother.

so, a bisexual pagan chic, a newly-converted catholic aspiring to be a judge college student, a soon-to-be-divorced artsy girlie chemical engineer, a still-don't-know-how-he'll-turn-out middle schooler and a still hippie/mystic mom walk into a bar.

and you, my friends, have my family. See if you can piece it together.

I pointed this out to my mom, and you know what she said? "And you're all still talking to me." I love it.

So I've had a bit of clarity today.

1. My mom rocks. She really does.
2. My friends are awesome. And in particular, I'd like to thank two of you for not only being my friends, but for sharing Bible studies and political viewpoints and boy gossip and life stuff with me.
3. I really do come from my family. I only seem like I don't fit 'cause none of us actually fit. And that's why we do fit. Kind of by default, I guess. But I like it. And it makes a lot of sense.

Also, my Advances in Pollution Prevention grad class may ruin my ability to paint. Because that's what I'm learning about. My group project is on paint manufacturing. And this week's problem was on paint manufacturing. All in all I spent at least 10-12 hours in the past three days thinking about paint manufacturing and its ramifications environmentally.

So what am I going to do?
Make magnolia bakery cupcakes.
Listen to the new green day (for the eleventy-billionth time today)
have a beer
and then paint anyway. mmm mmm mmm I love acrylics!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio