Wednesday, March 02, 2005

curiouser and curiouser

So, weird dream last night and the night before...

Night before.
My boss, who never yells, was yelling at me. At my review (which I've already had and which went very well. Some constructive criticism, some compliments, etc). And he kept asking "how can you have the audacity to..." Take a week off, use the internet at work, come in after eight, only work eight hour days instead of ten. It was weird. And there was this lighting system behind him. The lights were white/clear, yellow, blue and red. And they got brighter and went on in order as 1) time passed and 2) he got angrier.

So weird. When I woke up I was almost crying. It was so weird. So trusty ol'dreammoods says:

Boss
To see your boss in your dream, represents the bossy or authoritative side of your own personality. Your boss may reveal self-confidence and the assertive aspect of yourself. It is telling of your issues of control and authority. Alternatively, to see your boss in your dream may indicate your over-involvement or obsession with your work. Negatively, the boss in your dream may symbolize your limitations and lack of freedom/originality.
To dream that you are afraid of your boss, indicates your fear of authority. You may feel that someone else is running your life or dictating what you can and can not do.

White
White represents purity, perfection, peace, innocence, dignity, cleanliness, awareness, and new beginnings. You may be experiencing a reawakening or have a fresh outlook on life. However, in Eastern cultures, white is associated with death and mourning.

Yellow
The color yellow has both positive and negative connotations. If the dream is a pleasant one, then the color yellow is symbolic of intellect, energy, agility, happiness, harmony, and wisdom. On the other hand, if the dream is an unpleasant one, then the color represents cowardice and sickness. You may have a fear or an inability to make a decision or take action. As a result, you are experiencing many setbacks.

Blue
Blue represents truth, wisdom, heaven, eternity, devotion, tranquility, loyalty and openness. The presence of this color in your dream, may symbolize your spiritual guide and your optimism of the future. You have clarity of mind.
Depending on the context of your dream, the color blue may also be a metaphor of "being blue" and feeling sad.

Red
Red is an indication of raw energy, force, vigor, intense passion, aggression, power, courage and passion. The color red has deep emotional and spiritual connotations.
Red is also the color of danger, shame, sexual impulses and urges. Perhaps you need to stop and think about your actions.

Umm. Right, so that was helpful.

And then last night. I've had this one a couple of times before, but I hadn't remembered it. In the first dream I had about this my dad was living in the apartment complex he'd lived in when I was younger. And in my dream there was another floor above him with tiny apts--ones with a small kitchen, too-short ceilings a living room and a closet of a bedroom. It was full of his stuff--his furniture, his dishes, and a coffee table that was actually my mom's. And it felt like these apartments were some type of a secret or something. Like people didn't know they were there. Anyhow, I had been living up there. And I had gotten angry and him and left.

Well, so here's where my new dream starts.
I go into the upstairs apartment and everything's like I left it. Eerie, actually. The windows are open and the curtains are blowing in the breeze. And it smells a little, but not much since I haven't been gone all that long. Or maybe I have, I can't tell. I see this yellow and brown and tan afghan we had at my mom's, and I'm so confused. I keep thinking "my dad lives here" and then "but my dad can't live here." And it's so strange. And then I wake up. And I remember that my dad is no longer alive.

Father
To see your father in your dream, symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests that you need to be more self-reliant. Consider also your waking relationship with your father.

Curtains
To see or dream that you are shutting the curtains, signifies secrecy and a repression of thoughts. You are concealing a personal matter or an aspect of yourself. On the other hand, to dream that you are opening the curtains, indicates that you are ready to reveal something hidden.

Breeze
To feel a breeze in your dream, represents the movement of ideas and minor changes.

Blanket
To see a blanket in your dream, symbolizes warmth, love, security and protection. You may be seeking for some form of shelter from the outside world. Consider also how your dream may be calling attention to a "cover-up" in some situation or circumstance in your waking life.


Sorry, this one was boring. At least, the dreammoods stuff was. But weird dreams, eh?

Oh, and superweird. I can't sleep anymore. I woke up at 7, and I can't sleep. I took the pain meds at 530 when I woke up in pain, and now I can't sleep. I've been cleaning for crying out loud.

Maybe I'll put some laundry in (one piece at a time since I'm still not supposed to lift anything) and then watch a lecture. Hopefully that will put me to sleep.

1 comments:

SJ said...

so, I would call you right now, for the durnk dialing, but you're not awake, it's 3. or 4 where you arre. but I thought about it, so there.

callme.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio