Saturday, March 12, 2005

a coming out party

yes, you read that right.

I'm going to have one.

And I'm pumped.

And no, I'm not a lesbian (not that there's anything wrong with that--or maybe there is--but it's not my place to judge...anyway)

I went as a trauma victim to the hospital party last night. I was "immunized" at the door with vodka in a syringe (no needle, it was clean, and no sharing either!) and had a flaming dr pepper and some other shots (yeesh!) and some of my little bro's fave beer. Like three of 'em. MMM MMM good.

And anyway, everyone was thrilled that a certain *ahem* person is out of my life, and they liked my new romantic interest. So all was very well. Except for having to go get saline in the middle of the party because brownish stuff was practically pouring out of my nose. Yuck. It was pretty funny though--walking into the grocery store at 1130 at night. I had fake bruises on my face and arm and blood coming out of my mouth, ear and forehead. I'm sure the police officer thought it was weird. There were two of us in that getup, plus Ariel in the surgery gown thing. So funny.

So anyhow, while at the party, someone suggested that I have a coming out party. A meet CR party. Kind of like a debutante ball or whatever. It's necessary since everybody here knows me by my married name. So now that that's over with (or at least getting there) they can meet the new improved me. Or whatever. Anyhow, it should be fun. And a wonderful excuse to 1) drink a lot and 2) buy a new outfit. Hoorah.

I spent most of the day cleaning. Sometimes people don't realize the maintenance involved in having the things they want to own. Like a house. I think that between the drinking last night and the 4+ hours of cleaning today I really did myself 'cause I feel shit-tastic. After watching the NCState game (which we lost because we can't get a rebound to save our life) I crashed for almost three hours. I had to watch the end of the game because well, I had to, but it was miserable. I ate chicken tenders and fries for dinner, and could barely finish half of 'em. Plus, more brown goo is seeping out of my nostrils, and I just don't like it. It is amazing how much stuff your sinus passages can hold. A-damn-mazing.

Time to crochet and watch TV and then go to bed.

Hope you're having fun in cool places. Like CA and NY and OK. T-minus five days and counting until CFT weekend of fun, drinking, shopping, a broadway show, a sex museum and crafts. I'm so excited!!!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio