Saturday, February 12, 2005

a veritable yo-yo

Maybe things are looking up.

I had a TON of work to do yesterday, was really hard since I was distracted by the fact that the car I want does not exist in the Southeast. Turns out I am too picky. Who, me? Yeah, okay. But I want want I want. I'm going to go drive a Mazda and Nissan today, methinks.

I discovered that my nose is still bleeding and my lymph nodes in my throat are rock hard and sore. I can't wait til Tuesday.

My car is getting squeakier. And squeakier. I'm a bit concerned.

I had ANOTHER conversation with Justin. He's now going through the hurt-pride part of the process. He's being an ass. But I think we've reached yet another agreement--the kind where he gets what he wants and I acquiesce because I just want it over with. Why, oh, why?

I went and picked up some of my stuff that was still at Collin's, started unpacking and throwing things away, and drank some wine. I made rice to go with the leftover stirfry from the night before. The rice is done, and I go to heat up the stir fry and LO and BEHOLD, Jeff has already eaten it. Vulture. I had to laugh then. Man, what's next?

So I think that may have been the turning point. I felt like I was on a damn sitcom.

My taste buds were all geared up for the stirfry, so I was having trouble deciding what to eat. In comes Teddy (no one knocks here) and says he's going to Moe's, do I want anything? Mmm burrito. Yay!

Then we got beer. Mmm beer.

Then Otto called and he volunteered to drive me around on my car search and take me to swing today (it's a total stress reliever for me, thanks to Patty Hill) after I pick him up at the airport.

I found out I'm getting a new keyboard on my laptop next week, so my spacebar problems should disappear soon.

Gobi is helping me type. He sits behind my lap top and wraps his tail around the screen. Maybe I'll post a picture.

My room is getting cleaner.

I got to take a bubble bath and read more of Slaughterhouse Five last night (which, incidentally, I'm not enjoying as much as I enjoyed Player Piano or Cat's Cradle. Is Hocus Pocus any good? It's an interesting book, but I'm not much into history, and WWII just reminds me of Kertzman. Shudder. Who, by the way TOTALLY looked me up and down when I saw him at QT a year and some change ago. Shudder again. He's skeezy and no longer a teacher. so it goes)

and I got to sleep on clean sheets.

At this rate, this weekend will be great--low key and relaxing :)

later, gators.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio