Thursday, February 24, 2005

stressed, much? or don't cry over burnt soup...

I burned soup today. I made Renee's mom's hearty chicken soup, and I got talking on the phone and it burned. Stupid corn. So I'm going to make it again tonight. I am all excited about eating it while I'm recovering. Plus I think I may have told Otto and Jeff it's yummy and comforting, and I think they're excited about it too.

However, I learned a valuable lesson during the cooking process. I don't like my meat to look like an animal. I didn't like cutting the skin off and all when it meant I was manipulating the poor little chicken's legs, wings, etc. Ew. But I did it.

and after all of the cutting and chopping and waiting and skin removal I burnt it. Damn.

Today is my annual review. I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm a little nervous. My review last year was done by a different boss, but it lasted two and a half hours, was super awkward, and was followed up by the other guy in our group coming to give me pointers for one and a half hours, which made me cry. It was awful. I can't fathom that this one will be anywhere as bad, but still.

I'm also very tired. I can't sleep right. I woke up at 3am sweating profusely. I actually had to change out of my pajamas because they were so wet. Yuck. I'm still having bad dreams, but luckily they aren't sticking with me.

I also got my NCState id today, and for the first time in my whole life I thoughts "wow, that picture makes me look fat." I said it aloud. It was so weird to mean that. So I think maybe I should start exercising after I get done with recovering. Not so I can lose weight, mind you, but so I can feel like I'm more in shape, and then I won't worry so much about things like a camera adding 15 pounds. It was just a weird thing to think.

Time to get ready for work. Gotta scurry so I can get there before 8am.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio