Sunday, February 20, 2005

most excellent.

That's what this weekend was. Most excellent.

On Friday I got a belated Valentine's present in the mail. I sure do love peanut m&ms. And how generous you are. hopefully some day I can return the favor. I will be using the blockbuster card during my recovery. I have quite a few movies I'm determined to watch.

Then I drove to Richmond. I followed Otto there. I had an AWESOME time. His friends are super cool. His best friend, Dan (or Daniel or DA) and Dan's girlfriend, Cory, and this other guy, Jeff, were super fun. And on Saturday morning Cory grabbed breakfast-to-go for me (grapes, lemon pound cake and OJ) because we had to scoot out of there. Dan was going to buy a 1982 Toyota Landcruiser. All five of us rode the hour and a half in the jeep (cherokee) and then Dan asked Otto to be his first passenger. I had fun with Jeff and Cory. We talked about people and politics and abortion and stem cell research and wastewater and grad school and the terrors of being a teacher. We drove back to Richmond and met up with a bunch of people--and began drinking at 1230.

After lunch we went back to the house. I had my third beer and then took a nap from 400-530. Then more drinking. I donned pjs (we all did), earned my "z's" (a fake currency that could be used to purchase a kiss (on the cheek, if you like), a secret, a shot or ten minutes in the "pillow talk" tent.) I earned a lot more when Otto and I schooled people in beer pong. Wahoo!

A lot of the people there had known each other for ever, rowed in high school and/or college, and were all from Matthews. It was fun to meet so many people. I also met Otto's brothers. They're pretty cool too.

We drank and danced and laughed and played beer pong and flip cup and twister. It was awe-some. I had so much fun. And then I just had to go upstairs and crawl into bed. No changing clothes. Though I did manage to remove my flip flops.

Today was a little more awkward because they were all going to a funeral. The father of one of their friends passed away this week. He had lymphoma (sp?) and the son is 30, and it wasn't super sudden, but it's still so sad. Apparently there was standing room only unless you got there 45 minutes early. But this morning while they were all in black I was wearing pink. I had to come home to pick Terry Goss up at the airport. We went to Moe's for dinner. It was nice to see him. He's been in Europe for two weeks with work, and he was very tired. But not too tired for Mexican food. Yum.

And I'd like to re-introduce you to my bane of my existence:irony. You know how people sometimes are said to have a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other? Well, I think I have that, but then another little bugger that adds irony into everything for me.

This week I figured out that my finances are going to be okay in about a month. In the meantime things are tight, but they'll work out just fine. So I decided that I could go through with the great idea my Aunt Candi gave me when I got the honda--a girl with a new car should have a new outfit.

So, since my money worries are lessened, and since I have a super-awesome-and-fantabulous new car (which still needs a name. any ideas? alls I gots right now is Blithe.) I figured I needed a new outfit. I found some cute sleep shorts and panties, and I bought a new pink purse. But no outfit. I just wanted jeans and a top. But nada. Zip. Zilch. Should have gone to H&M on the way back. Maybe in a few weekends. After I recover from this yucky surgery. But I have (un)reasonable justification for purchasing a new outfit, so dammit I should get one.

And a last thought. I continue to be baffled by the male half of the species. There's such a difference among them. The same can be said of females, I know. But it's baffling. And if I've only learned one thing from my recent debacles--it matters A LOT how a guy treats him mother. A lot. It's an excellent gauge.

Oh, and please add on:
Movies to watch during yucky healing process:
Kill Bill 1&2
Manhattan
Annie Hall
Point Break (?)
Big Fish (because I love it)
what else?

also, if it's sunny tomorrow I'll take pics of my new car. she's a beaut. :)
nighty night night

3 comments:

Renee B. said...

carrie i must really love you cause i just created a blog and even posted something just so i could comment on your weekend. and really just to say that i live in new york city, the most exciting city in the world, and your weekend sounded way more fun than mine. good for you havin' fun and wearin' pjs and drivin' new cars and beenin' all cool and stuff. and i just finished watching "Scent of a Woman" which was an excellent movie that I had never seen before tonight and if you have never seen it, you most definitely should add it to your list. *CFT

SJ said...

Other movies to watch (that I've seen recently, so I can recommend):

Hannah and Her Sisters (I'm on a Woody Allen kick. Sue me.)
Rushmore.
The Royal Tenenbaums.
Rocky.
How to Make an American Quilt.
John Carpenter's The Thing (which scared the pants clean off my body.).
Noises Off!

...and I'm sure there are others, but those're a few to supplement the list you've already made for yourself. Or that I made for you. Whatever. I'll call you later.

stranger7800 said...

awesome blog! i'm just blog-hopping here & there. check out mine too! =)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio