Sunday, January 16, 2005

a rant

okay, so I think maybe I have a problem that most people think they'd love to have. I sound so damn full of myself when I say this, but I'm starting to believe it. I'm not becoming conceited or self-important. It just bugs the buh-geez-uhs out of me.

I have a problem with people being [madly?] in love with me. And me not having a damn fucking clue.

You would think this would be a fab problem to have, but it is actually kind of tiresome and difficult. Like how Jeff (my work friend from whom I am currently renting a room) let me know that one of our mutual friends is crazy about me. And there have been many many others in the past too. More than I care to recall.

I sound like a horrible person.
I sound pretentious.
I sound absurdly full of myself.

I'm damn cool, but not cool enough to find out that yet another friend (totally almost typed fiend instead...) has a thing for me. It's too much. Too, too much.

It's not that I think I'm worthy. I just kind of feel a little stupid for not catching on more quickly.

Interesting reading? I thought not. But it's so ironic that soon-to-be-divorced li'l-ol'-me has people falling for her *out the wazoo" while single attractive friends of mine couldn't get a date to save their lives. What gives? Irony is a mean, mean monster.

goodnight.
sorry for ranting.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio