Sunday, December 19, 2004

laughter is the best medicine

really.

Last night I went to party #2 of the weekend. We laughed and laughed and laughed. A lot. My friends are damn funny. It was pretty fun, even though I was tired. Tired from packing, that is. I spent the whole day packing up my stuff to move out. I have SOOOOO much stuff. SOOOOO much. I'm trying to give some of it away, or at least get a better handle on what I will and won't need in the next few months. But it's not working out so well.

Something else happened last night that made me sad. My friend Collin asked me if I'm going to come back from vacation--he wanted to know if I was moving back to Oklahoma. He said that after I saw my friends and family and loved ones I might not be able to leave.

There's merit to his concern, but the fact of the matter is that I'm not moving back.

I'm a big fan of the concept that everything happens for a reason. It seems that it does. I mean, honestly--how could I have all that I have here in NC if it wasn't where I was supposed to be? I have a dozen or more amazing friends living around here, and another ten that fall just under the amazing mark. I have a good job, a place to live and I get to see the beautiful North Carolina trees. I'm an Oklahoman at heart, but I don't need to live there to be one.

After all, as the work people put it when I wore my jean jacket for the umpteenth time--"you can take the girl out of Oklahoma, but you can't take the Oklahoma out of the girl."

Right. It's really kinda right.

But poor Collin. He was so worried that I was moving. And though I miss my OK-ee-ans something fierce, I need to continue on here.

time for church. I love Advent season. And spiced tea--I'm going to have some of that on the way there :)


0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio