Wednesday, December 15, 2004

counting my blessings

I think I'll get this blog started on a positive note.

Today I was reminded once again about how fortunate I am.

I have lots of real, true, genuine friends. Far more than my fair share. Friends who go out of their way to be truly kind and supportive. Who are thoughtful and helpful and wow.

Today had the potential to be really craptastic. We lost a project at work. I think that I've dedicated roughly eleventy billion hours of my life to this damn project, which correlates into over 200 hours of my life, give or take. Do you know how many books I could have read in that time? Or how many seasons of Desperate Housewives or 24 I could have watched? Or how many great things I could have done in that time? But nooooo, I had to work on calgary--which I call cat-turtle-with-love-bones. It's a long story.

Anywho, we lost it to Aqua, who's stuff is inferior at best. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

But here's the good news. My boys--the guys in the Kiki (my nickname) Admiration Society (the KAS)--got me a card saying how I'd worked so hard and they were sorry to hear about our losing the project. How many boys do you know who think to give girls cards like that? It was so sweet! Wow.

And then I have my now-work friends. My KayDee friends. My two best friends. My I've-known-since-first-grade friend. My family. I'm so lucky.

So, I have to wonder what crazy cosmic force is letting me have SO MANY amazing people in my life. It's like karma or something. I'm not sure if since I have always had such a drama-filled life I get to have friends, or if it is the other way around.

Do friends beget drama, or does drama beget friends? Chicken-egg or egg-chicken? Or does it even matter.

Whether or not I have an explanation, I must say that I'm so glad to be so fortunate. Especially in times like these



ah, the joys of "not being together." It's for the best, but it's damn hard anyway.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio