Friday, September 16, 2011

"well, I live in durham but I'm actually from oklahoma."

I say this often. Like, really really often. pretty much every time I meet someone new.

I hated the question that warrants this answer for a looooong time. I still don't love it. But now I find it tolerable. Because it usually follows up with "what brought you here?" I am now comfortable enough to say "a guy who isn't in the picture anymore" or, sometimes "my ex-husband" depending on how well I think I will get to know you.

today as I was walking into work, practically doing gleeful cartwheels as I enjoyed this chillier weather (oh fall, I love you.) I was thinking about north carolina. And life. And just the random my-caffeine-hasn't-kicked-in-yet thoughts that were tumbling about in my noggin.

And somehow it occurred to me: not only have I lived in North Carolina for eight years (longer than middle and high school combined!) but it's official: other than the home on 36th street that I grew up in, I've never lived anywhere as long as I've lived at my townhome. We are well past the three year mark, what what!?

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio