Friday, August 01, 2008

if only I could remember what marla said.

it was funny. and I liked it. and it was gonna be my title. but I cannot recall.

yesterday evening I stayed up waaaay too late. I left work, went home to change clothes and then went to brixx. they kind of suck, by the way. they don't take reservations but they do take call aheads, and the chick who was running the get-people-seated show was RUDE.

now, I have never worked in a restaurant. I have never been a hostess. but I have been in the customer service industry before and let me tell you, behavior like that? it doesn't fly. nicole was like "yeah, I can tell you're really irritated." because I was. but once we sat down things were MUCH better. :D

jewelry was exchanged. people's engagement rings were examined and gawked at. (congrats again, betsy!) stories were told, giggles were shared, and patty got teary. but in a mushy way. it was SUPER fun. oh and the beer hits of the night were unibroe and franziskaner. so, here's all the ladies.


and here's the most remarkable of the picks. it was all random, and betsy happened to get the necklace (from me) and the earrings (from jamie) and they GO TOGETHER. they're by completely different brands at completely different stores, but they will be quite the ensemble.

also (and this is particularly interesting to me after all the sorority talk going on at kara's blog) it was nice to realize that there was a really good mix there--betsy thought everyone else but her was a KD. not the case. more like...four of us, counting me.

it was good to see people and have some girl time. and they're already asking what we'll exchange next. if you'd like to be invited and you're in the area (or, if you aren't in the area but think it'd be fun to participate and want to send in your thing by snail mail) do let me know!

2 comments:

KaritaG said...

You're allowed to hang out with non-KD's?! ;) I am totally being a smartass, by the way. That looks fun! And I love love love that jewelry she is holding!

Nicole Faby said...

You must find out where Marla got that shirt! I love it and I am looking for something in that style for my honeymoon!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio