Monday, April 21, 2008

hooray, hooray for TTA!

hi there.

I've been trying to figure out a way to ride the bus for YEARS. Okay, like two years. But every route I could find took me an hour and a half, and I just don't have THREE hours to commute a day when I live ten minutes from my work. I mean, I'm already helping by living close to where I work, right?

Anyway, for earth day tomorrow I'm riding the bus. It's my "I took the pledge" proof. I found two times that leave at 828 or 858 (I want to get there for the 828 though) and two departures at 512 and 542. They will both take me 18 minutes and cost me four whole dollars. Now, based on my math, if I got to actually move the whole time (as opposed to wasting gas at lights) I'd be spending roughly $1.57 on gas round-trip, as opposed to my $4. But that's just on gas--not insurance, not maintenance, not cleaning, not anything. So not only will it ultimately save me money, but I haven't even mentioned the most important part--less pollution!

It isn't practical for me to do this every day--like when I have scouts after work or will be heading to somewhere west of my work--but even if I do it once a week, I think it'll be worth it. PLUS I can get passes for the bus from my work, FOR FREE. So I could spend $1.57 to ride to work OR ride the bus. Um, bus please. As long as I don't have to go elsewhere after. This is AWESOME!

Also, as you may know, bottle caps cannot be recycled. Y'know, like on that 20-ouncer or your laundry detergent bottle or whatever. Apparently this is because the seal that keeps the liquid from leaking is difficult to remove and makes it unable to be recycled. Well, there's a solution now, albeit a temporary one. And you can thank Aveda for it. Collect your plastic lids and bring 'em in by May 10th. They're repurposing them for a new line of shampoos! So save your lids--and if you bring in 25 you'll get a free sample to boot!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio