Thursday, August 30, 2007

caffeine and other things I've neglected to tell you about since everything has been more or less about my tummy

just now I had the first caffeine I've had since sunday afternoon. everything else has been all ginger ale and gatorade and water. i just reacquainted myself with my old friend coca-cola. it's a nice change of pace.

it's kind of surprising to me that I didn't even realize I hadn't had caffeine until this morning when I thought "coffee sounds good. 'cept my stomach would prolly be none too pleased with me." I told Sterling of my realization and he was a-friggin-mazed. Most people who go caffeine-free end up in a haze for a while. Of course all that sleeping might've had something to do with it (okay, whoa...42 hours over the course of 96 hours, geez). But anyway, yeah. caffeine.



and I kind of want this mug. not that I need anymore coffee mugs. but that doesn't mean I don't want it.

so. I think I'm gonna backtrack a little...Friday night we made enchiladas at Sean and Kara's house, had margaritas, got in an arguement about spades and played cranium. And Matt saved the day by having a deck of cards in his car. :)

Saturday I slept a lot, cleaned a lot, ran errands and then Matt and I had dinner and went to see The Bourne Supremacy, which I really liked. It was pretty cute too--at all the cool parts he kept elbowing me (gently) in the side and being all "didya see that?!?" kid in a candy store, I tell you. and, well, matt damon is hot.



and then Sunday was churchy churchy churchy. Lucinda and I sang a duet at the 830 and then 1100 services, and we did particularly well at the 1100. People kept saying how well our voices blended, and some people couldn't tell who was singing which part. It was a lot of fun. :) I went home and napped and ran errands and came back to church for a youth party and a soultypes workshop (kind of like myers-briggs for your spirit, and I liked it so much it'll get its own post later).

and the rest of my time has been spent as a sickly gal, but you know this.

so some happy things to end on
1. I am now enjoying the tunes of four different musical groups:
a) stephen kellogg and the sixers (thanks sterling)
b) au revoir simone (thanks laura)
c) peter bjorn and john (thanks sean and kara)
d) ted leo & the pharmacists (thanks otto, and previously, thanks matt r.)
2. in forty-eight hours I will be in t-town. with matt. we will be at lunch with jessica and cody. if you'd like to go to the spaghetti warehouse with us that night, gimme a shout.
3. it is thurdsay.
4. i am smarter than the guy on the phone at the AE store last night. I was trying to exchange some stuff online, and he got my email, then my name, then asked me "do you know your address?" dude, what am I, four years old?!? yikes.
5. i am now able to eat eggs. and turkey sandwiches. and grapes. and my tummy is tolerating it nicely. it still hurts, but it's much more livable.
6. i have wonderful friends. what I lucky girl I am.
7. gobi and hazel are good kitties who love their mommie and who cuddle with her when she's sick. and she likes that.
8. this list could get way longer but I think I should stop.
9. I finished a painting last night and I really really like it. you will see it in good time. like once I figure out a title for it and once I've given it to its receipent.

okay, that's it. i'll let y'all know if there's any good/bad/whatever doctor news. i'm very curious about what's going on...

3 comments:

Cody C. said...

Supremacy or Ultimatum?

And you should listen to Oliver Future.

I can't stop listening to their new album....

care said...

dude, ultimatium.

oopsie. matt kept saying it wrong and now he's got me doing it wrong. I shall fix it at work.

Unknown said...

Reading your blog has provided me with information that I'm pretty sure could help me in the future. This is a recommended piece for reading.

online environmental engineering degree

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio