Sunday, July 29, 2007

tired of being tired.

this weekend i had
a) a whole lot of fun.
b) a whole lot of sleep.
c) some quality kd time.

friday wasn't very fun. well, that's a lie. it was a lot of fun, except for the headache. I still get 'em when it rains sometimes--but at least they aren't migraines anymore!!! matt and i went out to dinner and then drinking with his friends, a good time indeed. it's nice to get to the place in a relationship where you're friends with your boyfriend's friends, y'know?

also, note: do not leave wine glasses where cats can knock them all over the kitchen floor. cleaning up glass early early in the morning is not fun.

saturday I got up for softball and had to leave practice early 'cause I felt like I was going to faint while I was in the field. At first I thought it might be a hangover, but I've never had one that felt like that. so anyway I came home and slept for THREE hours. like, in the middle of the day. I felt somewhat better when i woke up, but still not all better. but like the hostess I am, I trudged on and got ready for the KD progressive dinner. I was the appetizers person, along with Elizabeth.

and a funny thing happened on the way to the grocery store...

I go to get the ingredients I need, and I arrive to the grocery store under a sunny sky. I'm inside, oh, fifteen minutes getting the items on my list, and during this time I hear the rain start--except then realize it's not rain, it's the fake rain noise that they use in the produce department. I check out, and looking through the windows I see TORRENTS, people. TORRENTS. A deluge. An alluvion. A crazy friggin' storm!

I'm stuck though--cart full of groceries, people coming over in a few hours, no umbrella and not a lot of time to spare. So I go through the rain and load everything into my car--and get SOAKED. Like, I looked (and felt) like I'd jumped into a pool fully clothed. And when I arrived home, there were two problems:

1. all of the grocery bags had water in them--which means the boxes for things were pretty much ruined (thank goodness for the lining bags!)
2. there was not a drop of water on the concrete of my apartment complex. not. a. drop. which means that to anyone watching, it happened to look just like I'd jumped into a pool fully clothed. rock on.

yikes.

anyhoo, once I showered and dried off, the progressive dinner was fun AND yummy. see, pictures:



and, I liked it that Matt and I were both thinking to ourselves as we were selecting our seat "I hope she/he wants to sit on the bench!" we got to! :) kim and I also enjoyed our little shoe switcheroo.
we went out with his friends after dinner, played darts and made friends with the people playing pool. and people seem to be really really keen on asking matt and me awkward questions, it's rather hilarious. they also think we're pretty damn cute--and loved it that I woke up early to go to softball while he woke up early to go to soccer. awwww. I'm excited about seeing these people next week for birthday celebrations!

and, adam and I are forming a one-dimple club. because, well, we each only have one. :)

today was the craziest part of all. well, sleep wise. despite my three hour nap yesterday and my ten and a half hours of sleep last night, I took an hour and a half nap this afternoon/evening. I hope this need to sleep stops soon!

also, my cute loveseat is now up in my bedroom. and since it's so much cleaner, maybe it'll be ready to be a comh on friday. one can hope. :)

1 comments:

C. said...

Rie, this totally happened to me yesterday. Just when the rain let up enough for me to trudge through the grocery store (though my wet shoes kept slipping off, stupid puddles), it came back full force. Yes, soaking me, my car, and my food. Grrr.

-Christina

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio