Friday, July 20, 2007

"i could be asleep by the time we reach that elephant."

~matt

and we've come to the final post about my atlantic city trip...leaving on wednesday morning.

I happened to wake up at 730 in the morning, and I forced myself out of bed long enough to go tell Rosemary goodbye and let her know that I had a wonderful time, even though I'll definitely be telling her that again on Sunday when we have dinner in Raleigh.

so, after getting up and packing and eating breakfast I had to PRY Matt out of bed. he'd slept on the couch and then moved to his parent's bed in the AM. and he wasn't so keen on moving. I told him he could stay asleep if he wanted, but reminded him that he wouldn't be so happy with himself if he didn't rise and shine.

I even brought Little Bridget in with me to say good morning (though I didn't actually sic her on him like a lot of people do 'cause he can't get mad at an adorable toddler for waking him). And while we're on the subject, let me tell you what--little kid hugs and kisses are the BEST. Bridget gave me hug after hug and four or five extra drooly kisses and they were more than wonderful. It makes me all cheery just to think about it!

after getting the bellhop and the van and saying our goodbyes, tonya, george, matt and I hopped in the car to go see Lucy the Elephant, the world's largest elephant. And it just so happens that she turns 126 years old TODAY! Anyhoo, we took more silly pictures--of tonya and me being elephants--which was tonya's brilliant idea!--(ps when you were little and pretending to be an elephant did y'all do it like that?) and of the couples, too. cute, cute.




in the car we talked about the pH of coca-cola (which I checked yesterday and it's 3.5--dr pepper is about the same) and about how I read in my scientific american that some physicist is trying to figure out how to reduce the amount of head in beer through something or other about predicting the way the bubbles will form. it was interesting, I swear.

and, we talked about music. specifically great big sea. here's a picture of matt singing along to this song, isn't he silly?



and I think I kind of impressed them because I knew all the words to this one. y'know impressed in the kind of way where they're half amazed, half shocked and half impressed. which, yes, I know, is three halves. go with it, k?

I made it to the airport, checked my bags, went through security and had a philly cheesesteak, per trevor's suggestion. and it was yummy but HUGE so I couldn't eat the whole thing. I got a window seat even though I was in group B, and there wasn't even anyone in the middle. They had us turn off our electronic devices, did the safety demo and then had us sit on the tarmac for forty-five minutes before taking off. At least I slept through take-off. :)

and I thought these were beeee-autiful!


Marla picked me up and I got home safe and sound, as did all of my belongings. I hung out with my kitties and watched TV, then talk to my roomie and her friend Heather and even went to bed at a reasonable time. It was nice to relax after my vacay. And I had so. much. fun. :)

1 comments:

brooke knight said...

sorry i havent commented in a while- all all all of it is just lovely and seems like a fantastic time! your pictures are truly great!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio