Thursday, May 10, 2007

things.

first off, something good and helpful: if you are an animal lover, go here. it takes like two seconds to click, and it funds food for doggies and kitties that aren't as fortunate as the ones that live in our homes.

next, let's talk about money.

things of annoyance.
1. the men on dollar coins.
this is not cool. the coins themselves are cool. they've got a neat little inscription on the side/rim. and now you get 'em at the post office when you buy stamps from the vending machine and get change back.

but really? (and this is kind of silly) it makes me pissed that men are on dollar coins. why? because though four women have been pictured on coins (beginning with queen isabella of spain in 1893), there are were only two dollar coins in circulation, and both had women. at least that's SOMETHING.



because let's face it folks, the ladies don't get a lot of play in this country. we do things and support things and whatever, but significantly less formal recognition. we're still working to be equal. but I digress.

anyway, I'm annoyed with GWash being on a dollar coin. I know it's prolly wrong, but I am. I liked it that at least women had ONE thing that was all them. not anymore...at least it looks kind of neat. here's the back and the side/front. I do dig the inscription on the side.



oh, and a shout out to Washington, Washington. This is funny. and a little crude. but I still think it's funny.

2. why do we need a ten dollar coin?
at least there are more ladies.


they're making more ten dollar coins too, I think. money money money.

Oh, anyone see LOST last night? (vague spoiler alert) I am SO MAD AT THEM. Finish your story arcs, people. Don't kill them off. And and and-a word to the wise--remaining characters on the island don't start to figure your stuff out. It's bad news for you. Gah!

I still miss Echo (and sorry if that ruins anything for you if you're behind, but seriously, catch up, y'all)

yay for thursday. yay yay yay.

2 comments:

SJ said...

I miss Echo, too.

And I don't think Locke is going to die. The island will save him!

Only 51 episodes to go!

Anonymous said...

Locke isn't necessarily dead. Reference Mikhail who we thought died on screen...

Also pointing to Locke surviving the gunshot wound is that Jacob ("him") asked for his help which truly freaked out Ben.

But, even if he is dead, his past story arc is finished.


Also notice how every character (for the most part) has some sort of father issue.

I'm expecting Charlie to die next Wednesday...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio