Tuesday, March 06, 2007

every other day, every other day, every other day of the week is fine, yeah...

but whenever [Sunday] comes, but whenever [Sunday] comes you can find me cryin' all of the time

~the mamas and the papas


Mmmhmmm.


Okay, honestly, Sunday was actually really fun. Despite the sickness and the not-dressing appropriately.


We went to church in dresses that were soooo not warm enough. But Del had a dress, and I had agreed to dress likewise, so, we went. Thank goodness for that Oklahoma-girl-jean jacket. (And for that supercute $16 Ross-Dress-For-Less dress Jessica and Renee helped me pick out!) I did not sing in the choir ‘cause I woke up feeling just awful and we almost skipped church altogether. I really liked the sermon though. When I move I will really miss this church. So. Much. It makes me kind of sad just thinking about it.

As the day wore on I felt better. After putting on warmer clothes we went for the tour de durham. It included 9th street and lunch at George’s Garage.

A trip to Brightleaf square to see Fowlers and Morgan’s Imports and all. (and a lot of pictures—including one of the pretty pretty saucer magnolia!)


And a visit to the ballpark and the American Tobacco District. We didn’t hit Duke, but I’m not very familiar with the campus anyway. Maybe next time? Or when Jackie comes to visit (hint, hint)? And, Del and I figured out how to use our timers on our cameras!

Then it was nap time, grocery time and pizza-making time. Del, Mary Alise, Betsy, Kim and Stefan and I all enjoyed some of my home-made pizza. It was a hit, which made me happy. Alas, I was so busy in the kitchen and directing my cooking-helpers that I didn’t take any pictures. But per usual, it was fun to see my friends getting along. And? All the dishes were in the washer before they left, even though it took two loads! I practiced my gee-tar (yay for not procrastinating toooo much and yay for Del for making me!) and Del and I went to bed.

That was pretty much the end of our adventure except for driving the 1.5 hours to the airport yesterday. Taking 264 was soooo much better than taking 70. And? I saw this on the way there and stopped on the way back to capture it for posterity. How fun, how fun?!?

1 comments:

Jessie ᏤᏏ said...

Ah! 9th street!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio