Wednesday, January 10, 2007

so, backtracking a little...

so, I realize that I never posted these pictures. The day after they were taken was when I found out my granddaddy was having heart surgery. but now that things are going swimmingly for him, I'll share. that and 'cause Tom's going to be reading now, I think. [waves to Tom]

so, I met Tom, Paul and Michelle for dinner at the Mellow Mushroom. we had some beers and were served by a very crabby waitress. Here's Tom and Paul.

and then Michelle and Paul.

and then Tom and I went to Hi-5. I told him that if my mom called I was answering, 'cause I knew that there was some health stuff going on with my granddaddy. And we proceeded to drink a lot of beers. Prolly a few more than we should have. But that's okay. :)

So, Tom kept wanting me to say something to the bartender, but I refused. Finally, when our checks came, I was willing to write it--on the end of the tab I wrote, "my granddad is ten times the man you'll ever be."

The bartender came, got the tab and we waited for him to open and read it. And he did. And he turned and looked at us, and then laughed. And then came to talk to us. Turns out that wasn't even the funniest thing someone had written to him--apparently there's some guy who's a regular at a wine bar who always draws dirty pictures on his tab! Yikes.

Anyhow, here's Tom with his beer, and then with his own personal version of the message.



perhaps this was funnier if you were there. maybe y'all should try it and let me know how it goes. :)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio