Friday, November 03, 2006

you are special.

one of my favorite people in the world gave me this book for my birthday five years ago. and I love it.
last night, after moving my bookcases and books upstairs, while re-arranging my books, I found it again. and so after brushing my teeth and putting on my face medicine and giving gobi his heart meds I cuddled into my newly-outfitted bed and read it.

and as usual, it made me happy cry. it is wonderful, and I love it, and I think every one of you needs to read it, or read it to your children some day. it's simple but profound. and I hope to be more like the Wemmick Lucia, and less like the other Wemmicks.

I am so glad she gave me this. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me want to read it, chick! :) I'm a sucker for a feel good book. So.. also, on this pumpkin pie, I am genuinely curious. Will you email me the recipe??!! You think I could do it?! I mean.. is it crazy hard? Ive never made pumpkin pie.. Sheez.. I'm such the single/noncook. haha.. wjackie22@hotmail.com is my email if you think about it sometime. :) THANKS btw! I'm rather excited!

Renee B. said...

:-)

Turner said...

Carrie = Uber-special-tastic

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio