Monday, October 02, 2006

"because that's the way we roll."

-jessica a. hargrove

thank goodness for good friends. and cell phones with unlimited weekend minutes. and chai.

also, sometimes boys are idiots. that's the fact of the matter. girls are idiots sometimes too, sure, but boys take the idiot cake. with a side of idiot icecream.

eh.

anyhoo.

I'm quite pleased to say that this was an EXCELLENT weekend for shopping. And it's getting all fall-like in NC, and I'm enjoying that immensely. It's so funny how the seasons here compare to OK--we get a little hotter and a little colder in Tulsa, but the hottest and coldest seasons last longer in OK than NC, it seems to me.

Tulsa has shorter springs and falls with longer summers and winters, where NC's summers and winters only have the intense heat/cold for a month and maybe a little change.

And, I LOVE LOVE LOVE October.

because it's my birthday month.
and it's kaydee's founding month.
and it has national mole day.
and it's time for pumpkin pie.
and pumpkin bread.
and halloween.
and costumes.
and pumpkin carving.
and it might get cold enough to use my down comforter.
and I get to put mums on my doorstep.
and hot chocolate, chai and cider come into season.
and there are special beers just for this month!
and the leaves start to change.
and all sorts of cool people have birthdays this month (some cooler than others, mind you!)
and you can wear corduroy and tall boots and scarves.
and I get to go to Ikea (I think).
and it begins my travels--to the outer banks, richmond, mathews, los angeles, potentially charleston, oklahoma and potentially houston too.
and it's time for candy corn and those pumpkin candies.
and it's the right temp for hoodie sweatshirts.
and baked potato soup.

and I love love love love love October. LOVE it.

so enjoy the first Monday in October. :)

and, in other exciting news, my pumpkin that I grew is turning orange. I'm HOPING it will be ready to carve by Saturday...we shall see.

it's not a huge one--it's smaller than a basketball--but I like it.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio