Thursday, August 10, 2006

so classy? seminary? anty?

I’m enrolled! Yippee !

Now I’ll just sit patiently and wait for the $$$ to pay for this class to come in. Ooh, and I need to buy my book. Doesn’t it look riveting?

So, yeah, just sat through a seminar that was completely, totally, absolutely over my head. It was about polymeric membranes, and their fractional excess free volume or something, and man, oh, man. Might as well have been speaking gibberish. It’s crazy how each sub-set of knowledge has its own language!

And I learned a valuable lesson. Which I already knew, but it was pleasant to have it reinforced. If you’re presenting your research to people who might a)hire you and b)want to make money somehow, I highly recommend knowing how your research is practical/applicable. Like, what can you do with it? Does it extend to something else? Where’s the value, basically.

This little seminar thing also made me know even more that I want to work with Materials Science and Engineering. Seems a lot more concrete to me. It seems to make sense. Though it’s probably full of obscure equations too, it just seems like you have a physical representation of it. We’ll see if I think this while I’m taking classes…but I’m a lot more interested in the research.

Also, a joke—
What did the Pink Panther say when he stepped on, um, the Aardvark’s friend?
Dead ant…dead ANT…dead…

I said that last night to the ants in my living room. They’d even crawled UNDER my cover on my loveseat. Yeesh. I need to call the apt complex. I think I'll do that now...

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio