Monday, August 28, 2006

itsnotfunny.

i'm starting to agree with ryan. and chris. and ben.
 
and anyone else who thinks that maybe instead of insurance we should just have health savings plans.  or whatever it is that's just a chunk of money you save for medical stuff instead of screwing around with this whole in-network/out-of-network mumbo jumbo.
 
because really, it's making me scream.
 
i'm sharing this because, you should know, apparently you can go to an in-network doctor who will send stuff to out-of-network labs.  so, you pay your good old $20 copay and then get hit with a big old bill for the lab sevices. and the rude/smug (smude?) lady on the other end of the phone talks to you like you're an idiot for not thinking to ask. 
 
so, I guess now when I go to the doctor I'll need to see--is this thin piece of paper on the exam bench covered?  what about that tissue I just used?  the toilet paper in the bathroom?  this "free" sample of medicine? is the needle covered, or just the container you'll keep the blood in?
 
Or will I be charged $67 for them to have someone else evaluate my snot? Yikes.

1 comments:

Jax said...

Haha.. I work with hospitals in my firm.. and believe me, I understand... and you should go directly to my friend, Shelbs, blog, and read her rant about hospitals..

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio