Monday, June 12, 2006

m is for monday.



so, since it's a miserable monday I found some pretty sky pics to cheer me up. they're from a few weeks ago....

so anyway, m is for monday.
and mucky outside.
and making the patio cute.
and migraines. definitely migraines.

So, I spent most of the weekend on the patio. We cleaned, we hung hooks, I repotted plants, Otto built a park bench, we bought hanging containers and little folding tables. And now our patio looks AWESOME! Alls I need to do now is buy one more hanging planter from BigLots and a Kmart pot to go in it and plant more basil in it and re-hang the Christmas lights and we’ll be good to go! We’re both REALLY excited about having our patio be a usable space. It will be nice. And especially nice to have for the par-tay this weekend. We took three trips to BigLots, three trips to Kmart and two trips to bed bath and beyond this weekend—yikes! I took some pics at the beginning, but they didn't turn out well, so the first is from the halfway point...


I also went to my first ever Durham Bulls game. We had a good time, but we left before the game was over since it was the TWELVTH INNING. T-w-e-l-v-e innings. There were fourteen total, and they broke a record for the ball park. Oh, and I almost got tarred and feathered by an Alabama man sitting in front of us. I said that I hoped that Edmonton would win at least one game in the Stanley Cup series because it would make for a better show. Saying that at a Durham Bulls game in section 131 was apparently a mistake. And when Otto, Ben and Katie left me to go get beer and hot dogs, I was told that I should probably be tarred and feathered. It was said in good fun, I think...anyhoo.


My migraine has now progressed to a headache—a good sign, seeing as how my head has now hurt to some degree or another for, oh, nine hours, give or take. After the aura started and I took my prescription medicine it took me an hour and half to get ready—and I’d already showered! I was sooooo slow. But I made it to work, and now I can’t wait to go home and go to sleep. It will be glorious!

And if it doesn’t rain like mad, perhaps we’ll have dinner on the patio before watching the next episode of Lost. We just finished White Rabbit! We just started watching Lost a week and a day ago, and we’re really liking it…

3 comments:

Turner said...

Screw that fatass. Edmonton should win the whole dang Cup. But, alas, they have no goalie and their offense decided ot take a vacation. Tell me where he lives and I'll learn him for ya.

Patio looks awesome. I need ot buy a dirty, cluttered house and then fly you out to see it JUST so you can clean it for me :)

Anonymous said...

LOST rools. Feel free to email me if yous gots any q's. Season two is a mind____ (this is a PG blog, right).


Oh, and baseball kicks mucho butto. I'm really going to miss having the A's only an hour train ride away.

brooke knight said...

your patio really is super cute! congrats on that!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio