Thursday, April 20, 2006

where are all your college friends when you need them?

so, when I was in college I'm sure I would have told someone asking me this, "no, I need to study."  and then I would have been talked into it by Adrienne McVey or Misha Baker or someone else, and off we would have gone.  the convincing would have been easier since it's a thursday.

but I just found out an hour ago that The Brunettes are playing in Raleigh tonight and I've no one to go with.  otto doesn't feel so hot, plus tomorrow begins six days of travelling for him.  i asked five KDs, and they all already have plans of some type or just plain can't go.  i will be calling a durham friend right after work since her number is in my office.  

but I wanna go!

when did we all become old people?  what happened in the last four-five years that suddenly made us respect our sleeping habits and be responsible?  i mean, i know we have car payments and gas is eleventy billion dollars a gallon and we have to pay rent and take our animals to the vet and all, but really!?!

and i can't go by myself because downtown raleigh just isn't the place to go alone.  ess-eye-gee-aych.

1 comments:

LO said...

Yes, it's that time in your life when you realize that. I did it too. But unlike you, I didn't fight it. And now, I'm old, shaking my head and sighing at my 19 year old classmates, thinking, your day will come too.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio