Tuesday, April 04, 2006

sing ta na na ta na na na

so, today I went to this crazy expensive conference (the two days cost my company like a million dollars, word has it) and I changed clothes twice. I wore my dress clothes to the conference, changed into jeans to do work in the lab, changed back into the dress clothes to go back to the conference and then back into jeans for more lab work. I went back and forth since the conference was at UNC's friday center only 10ish minutes from my work. soooo, one of the clothes changes I noticed something.

she got hurricanes on the soles of her shoes

I bought my cute new shoes (nine west heels rawk!) right before the new orleans trip, and I wore these black ones A LOT. (so much so that the pain of wearing them seemed picture-worthy after my wine, three glasses of champagne and two gin and tonics at the wedding reception) And I went to Pat O's all three nights I was there, and you know what they serve? Hurricanes. Like crazy.

I also bought these most wonderful green crocodile shoes. Someone who shall remain nameless actually asked me if they make shoes our of crocodiles. I explained to him that they might, but these aren't crocodile, really. He said, in a very seven-year-old voice--but they make eelskin boots! ha!

so, um, I noticed today during one of my multiple costume changes that I had pink spots all over the soles of my shoes.

Also, I've decided I'm a big fan of a few things.

~saying bless you. (even if the person sneezes all the time!)
~being honest
~talking to your friends regularly even if it's just a quick convo
~being a volunteer if you like the organization
~sparkling water with fruit juice
~kitty cats
~pesto
~planning ahead

And I've also decided that I'm annoyed by
~people who don't say excuse me, i'm sorry, pardon me, oops, my fault, mea culpa...
~people who change their behavior towards you for no real reason
~people who don't say thank you
~people who wear dress shoes with gym pants
~pine straw
~cramps
~people who say "oh don't those hurt your feet" when they see my high heels. hullo? seriously, now, would I wear them if they hurt? maybe. would I tell you? likely not, unless you were a friend of mine, or unless I'd been wearing them for seven hours and walking all around new orleans a distance that would make flip flops or tennies painful too.

Ooh, and I am loving all the nice things people are saying about my New Orleans pictures--especially the one on my profiles on myspace and facebook. Thank you, thank you, for making my day!

And I could say Oo oo oo
And everybody here would know
What I was talking about
I mean everybody here would know exactly
What I was talking about
Talking about diamonds

People say I’m crazy
I got diamonds on the soles of my shoes
Well that’s one way to lose
These walking blues
Diamonds on the soles of your shoes

1 comments:

brooke knight said...

its true about your cute pics. and the polka dotted dress with the necklace/bag fantasticness? yeah i covet it. COVET!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio