Thursday, February 02, 2006

being like Heinz…

Ketchup.
Or catsup.
Or catch-up.

‘cause I need to catch up.
Saturday, Sterling, Otto and I went to Frankie’s Fun Place, an arcade/laser tag/go-kart etc place. Think of Celebration Station, but more fun. Otto and Sterling played a lot of trivia, while I camped out in front of the ice-ball (aka generic skee-ball).

We won lots of tickets, see?

And here are loading them into the ticket monster.

We bought shot glasses that say “Frankie’s” on ‘em, and that was about it. And we took these silly pictures too.

Then we grabbed some earthfare sushi for a sushi snack, dried Sterling’s clothes that were in the wash, and took Sterling to Ellen’s so that Otto and I could go celebrate our anniversary (we’ve been dating for a year now!). We ate at Est Est Est, this yummy Italian place in downtown Raleigh, mmmmmm. We drew a pretty picture too, and I had to keep it because, well, I did. I think I’m going to put it in a frame, because hey, that’s the thing to do.


We then grabbed some beer from our apt and went over to Ellen’s where we all watched a repeat SNL—the one with Dane Cook. Soooo funny. “Let’s do this, I’m a cashew!” He has a cd/dvd combo at target for $8.99 if you wanna check him out. So far it isn’t as funny as the SNL stuff was, but that’s okay. Still good.

Sunday was a day of sleeping, watching football and not feeling well. Oh, and I watched Seven for the first time. Dis-turb-ing.

Monday-work. Bleh.
Tuesday-work. And trying (successfully) to finish my review. My project kept me here ‘til 610, and then I had to go grocery shopping,
Wednesday-work. Here until 640!!!!

But I did go buy three lovely teapots. Which, if any, shall I keep? (I totally need a new one. My white one has a brown film on it and has stopped whistling. If I don’t get one of these I might go snag the dark brown one I saw at linens’n’things)

And I’m thinking about making another kitchen-ee purchase too. I know I’d getting the big bowls, and I might get the small ones (all the same size) too. It would be $8.50 to ship ‘em instead of driving 20 minutes to the mall, finding a parking spot, braving the mall and driving 20 minutes back. I’m debating.
And I think I’m going to get this coat too. I’ve been waffling on it. I’m finding that a lot of things are simultaneously not sufficient anymore (my teapot is falling apart, I don’t have large enough mixing bowls so I make huge messes, and my big coat is just worn out since it’s from my freshman year of college). Money is wonderful and the devil at the same damn time.

Anyhoo. So now I’m going to get back to ordering something from Australia for work.

2 comments:

LO said...

1 - the right tea pot
2 - the big bowls
3 - LOVE the coat!

brooke knight said...

i like tea pot #3 best!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio