Monday, December 12, 2005

gifts, rocks and pizza, oh my!

I should never play dirty santa/grab bag/white elephant again. I have no luck. The worst thing I’ve ever gotten? An empty cigar box full of pens that don’t work (thank you, Philip Boone). But this weekend at the Kappa Delta party I got something that may have been even worse—a perforated wiping pad. It’s for cleaning computer screens. Yikes. Thank goodness Otto took it away from me. He said I was very gracious about it, but he could tell that I was less than thrilled about my acquisition. Instead I got a cute ornament-shaped cookie jar. That’s waaay better than the perforated wiping pad!

We also played trivial pursuit, and had a lot of fun. If you know me, you know fun and trivial pursuit usually don’t go in the same sentence unless there’s a “not” in front of it. But I really enjoyed it. We played the 90s game, and tweaked the rules a bit so the game didn’t last three million hours. Fun fun fun.

Also, I’m officially done with thermo. (hooray!) My prof emailed me to let me know he’d gotten my paper successfully, and that it looked “interesting.” He has not yet read it. If you want to read it, then, um, you’re a dork. But I’ll let you. It’s about using supercritical CO2 to removed the iso-humulone from the hops used in the beer making process. See, I told you, it’s nerdy.

Yesterday we went offroading at Uwharrie National Forest. Though I didn’t think so when I woke up at 6am, it was definitely worth it. So pretty and lots of fun. Only bad part is that Otto banged up his fender flare. But Ruby (his Jeep) is nice and muddy, and he only mussed up the plastic. We then GORGED ourselves at Sonic. g-o-r-g-e-d. They have them in NC, but they’re few and far between. I think we spent $16 on a meal for two. At SONIC. Then we came home and I made my mom’s pizza so we could eat it for lunch today. It needs some fine-tuning, but it’s not a bad first attempt.

Today, Renee comes in to town. Tonight, Mellow Mushroom and Narnia!!! And calling Sterling to see how LA is going…

I'll post pictures later. Blogger is being finicky.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio