Monday, November 14, 2005

jiggity jig

pictures, pictures. :)

Biltmore was fun. And huge. And who builds 100-bedroom houses for a two-person family? I know, a man whose mother won't let him date until she dies because she wants to be the only woman in his life--that's who.

I like having beer again. And sushi and pepperoni and onions and chocolate. Mmm chocolate. I've given up on the migraine diet. Food is not my trigger, and I'm certain of that.

Biltmore was fun and HUGE. It was neat to see all the rooms, and I was glad to see that they'd already come up with my idea for a money making gimick--selling biltmore Christmas trees--they just hadn't publicized it well. Also, the architect was way ahead of his time--this guy had an indoor swimming pool, the olden-day equivalent of central heating, and the pipes that we put in over a hundred years ago are still working and holding a pressure of 90 psi. Amazing.

Getting my hair cut was a huge debaucle. It took three hours. I like it now, but I didn't like the color when I came home. And my bangs aren't that big of a deal. They're more like a lot of wispy pieces. I think that next time I'll have her cut a little more of them. I just didn't want to go overboard when I didn't know if I'd like it. So here's the group (Dan, Cory, Otto and me) after our wine tasting (they have the most visited winery in the US there--by default since it's by a tourist-drawing home and the wine tasting is included in the admission price) which was a first for me.

And here we are on a bridge being all couple-ee. We went on a hike down to their bass pond and saw a man-made waterfall. The grounds were really pretty. They were designed by the same guy who designed central park. Wowee.


and now it's time to finish getting ready for work. mmm mondays.

1 comments:

LO said...

And who is that that designed Central Park, Biltmore and a ton of other parks? The father of Landscape Architecture!! Frederick Olmstead - my hero!!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio