Saturday, April 09, 2005

can it get any better?

I mean,really.

So, ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-a-check it out.

Last night I had cheap mexican food and yummy beer for dinner.
I got all gussied up.
and we left for Durham.

I had purchased tickets to this little shindig on Thursday, and I'd paid a whopping five smackeroos a piece for 'em. For all the beer and wine we could drink.

But wait, it gets better....

So where, you might ask, was this event? In the Durham Museum of Life and Science, that's where!!! So, yes, that meant copious drinking AND nerdy stuff, even better!

But wait, it STILL gets better....

Because my date, a fellow chemical engineer, is also a nerd at heart (though I am most definitely more nerdy, for the record). So now I'm 1) dressed up, 2) drinking free white wine and getting tipsy, 3) at a science museum, 4) looking at exhibits with a fellow engineer.

We spent almost an hour playing with those silly blocks. See the pic below? We made a couple of structures before deciding on these two. Can you guess which one is mine?

And right before we took this picture, the funniest thing happened...we were diligently working on our respective structures when we noticed people watching us. It turns out that our things were MUCH taller than everybody else's. And there was this group of people at the end of the table, and this girl in a cute green outfit was watching us intently. She said, "I'm sorry, I just have to ask, are you all engineers?"

We most definitely are. Most definitely. and this gave me quite a good laugh. And also made me feel kind of good, since someone saw the engineers in us, if that makes sense. I like it that I'm an engineer. I most surely do. For a while there I though it was going to totally suck, but now I like it, even though I don't care so much for my job. anyhoo...

Sidebars aside, there's still more to the goodness of the evening. We moved from the museum to the insect zoo and butterfly garden. We saw scary spiders and grubs and stuff, and then went inside where all the butterflies were. It was really pretty.

So now we have
-beer and mexican food
-beer and wine
-being dressed up
-science experiments
-a fellow engi-nerd/nerd-i-neer
-building blocks
-bugs
-butterflies

and then we went home. and I slept very well, and had dee-lish breakfast burritos. and now I'm typing a listening to cake. and since I'm done, it's time for me to give Mattie a bath while desperately trying to avoid getting a sunburn.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio