Thursday, May 03, 2012

salsa pasta!

nom nom nom.

I have no idea if I ever ever shared this, but I LOVE it! Matt will tell you I'm quite picky about eating leftovers. Generally I'm willing to have them ONE more time and that's it. There are a few exceptions to this rule--pumpkin pie, mexican casserole and, of course, salsa pasta. I'm sure there are a few others, too. But anyway, yum!

to make:

shell pasta
1 small/medium yellow onion, diced
1 can of corn (I prefer no-salt-added, just plain old yellow corn)
1 or more bell peppers. (I used red this time. Sometimes I do green and orange to make this colorful!)
1 jar Pace thick and chunky (do NOT use picante sauce. I also highly recommend Pace for this--most salsas are too watery)
1 can diced tomatoes (or rotel. or fresh tomatoes. or whatever.)

cook the pasta! I usually use half a box. I've done a whole box before, too. It depends on how many people are eating it, how long I want it to last, etc. You can always add more salsa, tomatoes and/or seasoning to fill out the dish.

while it cooks, chop the things that need chopping.

drain pasta.

put a little (just a little!) oil in the pan you used and saute the onions and peppers juuuuuust a little.

add in tomatoes (reserve liquid) and some salsa. I usually use 1/2 of the jar (the bigger jar of salsa is the one I use). Let simmer for a few while you drain & rinse the corn. Then add the corn. Followed by the pasta.

stir it all up, make sure it's nice and mixed up.

add cheese! if you plan on having leftovers, I recommend putting the salsa pasta into the individual serving size bowls and putting the cheese on there. If you think you'll polish off most of it that night, then you can put the cheese in directly!

and enjoy! it makes a GREAT lunch and is quite yummy!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio