Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ah, the sweet taste of victory!

um, fridge dude came. fridge is fixed. (we think) matt said something about it sitting unplugged for too long and some pipes being clogged--he didn't get the full story from the dude but apparently it should be all good to go. we're supposed to watch it for a few days, but that's about it. HOORAY!

and, um, eat it, myrick. :)

this weekend was fun and BUSY. friday night was dinner with friends (supposed to be at mellow mushroom, which Matt and I had both been craving ALL WEEK but then there was a last minute switch to hard times cafe). matt and I split a bucket of beer and then, well, we split another bucket. the server, who was approx our age, said "y'all look like you're drinkers...but ones who do it right, so I'm going to bring you some water before you ask for it." it was pretty funny.

then a birthday pub crawl. we only made it to the last two places--landmark and fayetteville st tavern, whose employees wore these shirts, which I really, really liked. oh yeah and to haven, which we despise, but went to anyway because that's what the birthday girl wanted and that's how we roll. I took a picture with three Matts, bought a case of PBR for the boys and got hit on by Woo--the one holding the PBR in this picture. He insisted on carrying my PBR tray. And once we got over there I introduced him to my boyfriend and he left me alone. :)


saturday we tried to go strawberry pickin' but found that the season had ended. so after some pouting and going to earthfare for some strawberries we went to the house to get more things done. then I packed and took a nap while matt went to an afternoon shindig and then it was time for the mellow mushroom. We wanted it so much on Friday we made arrangements for Saturday with our friends Nicole and Dave! I tried to take a picture of their 100% recycled, soy-ink-printed napkins but it just wouldn't work. Their pizza boxes are recycled and everything!

then the boys dropped us off to go deal with dave's flat tire. we went to ess lounge for adam's going away party. it was fun and I was glad to see my friend Laura and everyone, but MAN ALIVE I was pissed at the end of the night--they overcharged me by SIX drinks and I had to request a manager twice before someone decided to deal with me. And when I checked my card on Monday I had been charged for my actual bill AND the mistaken bill, complete with a 20% tip on top. I was LIVID.



Sunday was paint paint paint day. And then I took engagement pictures for my friends Kristin and Adam. These are three of my favorites. There are MANY more, and some that are even better, I just haven't had time to process 'em yet. It was REALLY fun taking their pictures!


And yesterday there was more painting and some re-painting 'cause there were fuzzes or the colors just didn't go on smoothly/evenly enough. But it's looking GOOD. And we got them to adjust the orange for the kitchen, and I think I like it (the top darker one). oh and awesome matt got recycled plastic drop cloths for painting. I am VERY tired. Staying up late getting things done and this morning I got up early to pack boxes before I left for work. UGH. I am SO glad to move but gee whiz do I need a nap!

5 comments:

Ariel Merritt said...

so glad it all worked out! :-)

Sarah said...

hi. you don't know me, but i'm friends with kat and the girls, which is how i found your blog.

FIRST, LOVE YOUR PAINT COLORS. Please post pics when you finish the orange; I so want and orange room. some of your other colors remind me of my own--i LOVE color.

second, glad your fridge was fixed. ours with out about half a year ago and there was nothing that could be done to rev up its sorry arse, so a grand later, we had a new one!

Maria said...

First off, I love the paint. Please come do my house!

"and, um, eat it, myrick."

Hell yeah sister! :)

Jax said...

YAY. YAY. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for all this posting! I feel way behind on commenting. :)

1st: I heart the orange dress. You look hot.
2nd: The white shirt and jeans look is also fabulous. One of my fav combos actually to wear. Yup.
3rd: Paint colors ROCK my world! Your place is going to be so super cute, Carrie! I know the packing is stressing you out, but what an exciting reason to be moving-your own place!!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

HI. My name is Jon Seelbinder. I am the General Manager at Ess Lounge. I noticed that you mentioned a problem at Ess while I was out of town at a wedding. Please contact me so I can help resolve your situation. 919-649-2154

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio