Wednesday, July 19, 2006

hot hot hot.

and annoyed.
 
1. restaurants close too early.  that was frustrating last night .  I played softball-showered-had a peach on my way-got my hair cut-tried to buy a tomato cage at Kmart  and by then it was 930.  And NOTHING was open other than fast food.  Grr.
 
2. I come home with my Earthfare food (edammame and mediocre-but-still-fresh sushi) to a home that is EIGHTY-SEVEN degrees.  Earlier, when I'd bopped in and out of the house and grabbed a ~3 minute shower I'd noticed that it was pretty warm in there, but figured it was just from playing softball in the 100 degree weather.  I was wrong.  After flipping the breaker--to no avail--I just decided to go to sleep.  My bed felt like it was made of hot lava--you know how it's meant to reflect heat?  Yeah, that. I was actually relieved to get to work since the temp is reasonable here!
 
I briefly considered going and sleepign on the kitchen floor, but toughed it out upstairs.  I think I woke up eleven times, sticky and uncomfy.  By around 5am the temp had gone down a few degrees, so I was able to use a sheet ( I detest sleeping without some kind of cover--blanket, sheet, whatever).  It was miserable. 
 
at least they are fixing it today.
 
3. Mattie's alignment is out of whack.  She's pulling to the right. And normally this means I'd just have Otto drop me off at work and he'd take my car to the place ~a 2 min walk from his office building.  But now I had to ride with some lady named Rose with a strong NY accent in order to get to work.  Thank goodness Paul has agreed to take me to pick it up.  Yuck-o/
 
on the non-annoying front, I'm very pleased to have planned all of the events for the KayDee Raleigh-Durham Alumnae Association from now until the end of December.  As VP-Programming this is my job, and I'm ~60% done with it now.  I've just got to set up some evites, arrange some details and ta-da, I'm finished!  I hope all goes as planned!  I'm excited!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio