Monday, January 16, 2006

school, ideas and nipples, oh my!

You can pinch your friends,
You can pinch your nipples,
And apparently you can pinch your friend’s nipples.
And they can pinch your boyfriend’s too.


Ah, Ellen. :)

Girl’s poker night on Friday was swell. Three of the seven didn’t have the five bones to get in, so we played for nothing. And after an hour we stopped playing and the played spoons. And then Kings. And then more Kings. Yikes. PS-I didn’t know this, but Kings is totally like circle of death, but slightly different. Very fun though.

Especially after the “Firanda” drink that Ellen’s friend Miranda gave me (it’s a fake Miranda, hence the Firanda). It had one-two-three-four shots of rum in it. And tasted like cranberry juice and sprite.

I’m reconsidering my potential degree choice after talking to Dr. Tom Harris, my personal cheerleader, former professor and former boss. He also told me I need to look at better schools, like MIT, Harvard and Cornell. So, um, I’m getting right on that rose, though I do find that a little intimidating. Only thing is, I’m told that if I motivate myself into starting research early, and if I can get my two classes to transfer I may be able to cut some time off of getting my PhD. If I even go for that. But at more prestigious schools they're purists, and there's none of this transfering business.

Decisions, decisions.

And I’m worried about my kitty Gobi. His little heart is going berserk. I gave him medicine and took him to the vet and all, but it’s still scaring me. And I found out that it could be worse than I thought—I thought I would just come home one day to a dead kitty, but it turns out I could also come home to a kitty who can’t use his leg or legs or can’t move. So scary. :( But I’m doing what I can. It’s just on my mind. He’s behaving normally and playing a lot though, so I think that’s a good sign.

And he and Hazel are getting along so very well. They are adorable.

Right. Anyhoo.

Also (and I know, I know, I always want opinions) Otto and I are going to a Heaven and Hell party in Delaware (at the same place we went to the Studio 54 party) and we need outfits. He has a Priest costume, and thinks I should either a)be a pregnant nun or b)find a sexy nun outfit. Or we could do something less offensive. But I need ideas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my own defense....there was A LOT of alcohol involved, and I really did not even remember doing it until I read this. (sheepish sorry)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...kitty medical problems are just about as bad as human ones. I hope he's doing better.

Natalie

Anonymous said...

Long story, short version: People suggested I check out myspace, so I did, and I sought out people I knew, and you were one of them. Followed the mention of here from there, and here I am. Myspace is also the reason I thought to call and update you on my life.

And that's the rest of the story. Or something like that.

Oh, I once saw an absolutely offensive costume...it was a priest costume with a fake altar boy, um, "attached" to the waist. Yah. So you wouldn't be too offensive, I think.

LO said...

we did a Masters and School Girls mixer in school (it was when Miss Spears was getting started and yes, we did realize the images we were conveying - had a lovely chat with the Dean of Students about it). So, you could do something like that - bustier, pleated skirt and Otto can wear a button up with a tie loose...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio