Wednesday, January 26, 2005

outsmarting inanimate objects-or-the beauty of technology

Okay, that title is a bunch of crap, but still. It works.

I got hello to work!!! See the loverly pictures below? Yay for outsmarting it. All it took was some patience, really.

I bought two very useful items yesterday. And external hard drive (why didn't I think of that sooner when my whole issue is that I don't like storing my music, documents, etc. or my work computer?!? silly me) and a cool mist humidifier (stupid nose and its stupid bleeding). Hopefully both will work out swimmingly. (yet another strange saying that I like to use--anybody know where that one came from?)

So I'm very much taking advantage of the bereavement policy at work. I'm completely begin lame because I'm even taking my last half day of it this morning so I can sleep in. But I have quite the harrowing weekend so you can't blame me too much. Here's the skinny:

from Friday to Monday evening
12 hours of driving in a car
6.5 hours of riding (and sleeping a LOT) in the car
13 hours of flying or waiting in airports
2 separate deaths
1 tired tired Carrie.
ooh, but I did get to go get some TU stuff. That was fun. And I bought hot pink luggage. Because hey, every girl needs hot pink luggage, right? Well, every six year old, twenty-four year old and then when I'm seventy I can have whatever color of luggage I damn well please. Of course, if it's hot pink then people will think I borrowed it from my niece.

anyway.

So, another puzzling/alarming/reasonable realization came to me today. I'm not sleepy, but I'm always always always tired. And I think maybe I'm sleeping so I don't have to do anything else.

that ain't good.
gotta snap out of this funk.

Oh, and todayI made someone belly laugh by saying "I'm fine." Why, you ask? Because I didn't say "I'm fine." I said "ahm faihn." The southern drawl is creeping in. I heard it in the way I said North Carolina (Nourth Carealainuh) when I was telling someone about Raleigh, and now it's infiltrating my other "i's" as well. Damn the southerners and their damn lazy way of speaking. It's so easy to fit right in as long as you don't enunciate and pronounce every single vowel (and sometimes letter) in the word.

Now I'm drinkin' sweet tea, eatin' fried chicken and losing all semblance of sounding like I'm not from 'round here.

I like Raleigh :)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio